Sunday 4 February 2018

Peg-top Warriors for Saga

There's a new edition of Saga out very soon. Saga is a lovely game, and I bought all the special dice for it and the books when they came out, but never played it enough. I'm hoping to correct that for the new edition by getting a couple of warbands done in good time. I've decided to use wood craft peg-tops as the basis for the minis. I used these ones from eBay. They're 30mm tall and 15mm wide so they're a good size for 28mm, more or less. I used brass thumbtacks for shields and kebab sticks for spears. The banner was made by cutting up a plastic tiddlywink-type counter.




3 comments:

  1. Absolutely bloomin' brilliant, and I love the beserker. These peg armies are an excellent idea, I remember seeing a FIW battle fought with them. Stunning painting on your warriors here. I look forward to seeing more. Have you seen Skull and Crowns 2d Marlburians? If not I think you would like them.
    http://skullandcrown.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Wars%20of%20Spanish%20Succession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'm well aware of Thomas Foss' lovely Marlburians- amazing stuff!

      Delete
  2. This is a good idea for sharing on the website.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete